The Soup’R Bowl event invites our community to taste and judge soups from local kitchens in specific categories for a donation of $20 per person.
WHERE: This year the fundraiser will be held at 907 Alehouse (8001 Old Seward Hwy.)
WHEN: Saturday, February 11, 2023, from Noon to 2PM.
Each guest will be given color-coded tabs to vote for their favorite soups. If they love your soup they will drop their category-colored tab at your station. A runner will be collecting the tabs and tallying scores. For every five votes, a restaurant receives a football representing their restaurant and will move one space down the field. Winners will be announced once tabs have all been collected and tallied. We’re expecting a high-energy atmosphere with an MC talking about each restaurant; tasting their soup, talking about the soup, and the progress it is making.
The Soup’r Bowl event is to raise funds for a local charity while enabling local eateries to compete for the title of best soup. This event is being organized by Alaska Hospitality Retailers the charity is the Anchorage Hospitality Foundation, which facilitates transitional services for the people in our community wanting a life without chemical dependency. Your time and product contribution to this event is 100% tax deductible.
What we will provide:
- 2 fl. oz. cups for customer tasting
- Seating guests
- 1st, 2nd, place awards for each category and one best overall perpetual trophy to remain at winning restaurant for one year.
- Food safety tips
- Media exposure of your before, during, & after event.
What we need from you:
- Business LOGO, emailed to [email protected]
- Pick one category, for example: A New England clam chowder choose either a cream or seafood category. Same soup cannot compete in two categories
- Someone from the restaurant to serve and talk about the soup and restaurant
- 3 to 5 gallons of soup
- Decorate your station to reflect your restaurant (optional)
- A way to keep your soup chilled or hot
- Extension cord***
- Doors open for set up at 10:30am
- No fryers (please)